Deep Tissue Massage
- Lengthens shortened muscles and fascia
- Allows blood, lymph and nerve transmission to flow through restricted areas
- Increases blood circulation
- Restores physical and chemical balance to the body
- Relieves stress
- Alleviates the symptoms of chronic aches and pains
As an osteopath, I often see cases in which traditional medicine has been ineffective in providing relief from chronic musculoskeletal pain. Trapped emotions can often be underlying cause as they can restrict the natural fluid flow in the body. Imbalances often occur when we resist an emotion causing it to lock into the body tissue, eventually leading to physical pain.
I usually use my fingertips to gently locate tender points and then the heel of my hands and forearms to firmly work with the tissue. Guided by the patient I use my knuckles and elbows where tolerable. I also use electric manipulation devices to assist the treatment.